We're looking for superstars!
Do you have what it takes to be a part of our family?
Here at Tipsy Ypsi we are always on the lookout for new members to our family. As an entertainment oriented business, potential candidates will have to work nights and weekends, as that is a large part of our event schedule.
What differentiates us from the competition is our lean and mean profit sharing model for artists and venues, a deep dedication to growth through viral partnership with hosting venues, and the experience and skill to provide the best entertainment value around! Our Instructors are selected on the following qualifications:
- Artistic Skill
- Entertainment Skill
- Networking Potential
If you feel you have what it takes and are interested in becoming a part of our family, feel free to view the open positions below.
Tipsy Ypsi Paint & Pour is looking for talented artists who are looking for a fun new challenge and some side revenue! We offer events that walk students, step by step, through the creation of a featured painting in acrylic paint on a 16×20 canvas, in an entertaining atmosphere that is ALL about the fun! We provide the materials and venues, and have a stable populace of painting neophytes who are EXCITED about art. . . it will be your job to keep them that way!
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in front of large groups, with a charming personality that can keep our patrons coming back for more! We offer both adult and children’s classes, so you should be comfortable working with both groups (though we do understand that some personalities lean more towards one or the other). This is the ideal part time job for the artist/comedian hybrid that wants to spread their love for art and painting, and make some coin as well!
This is a CONTRACT position, and we pay per event between $45 – $100 for 1.5 to 3 hour classes, plus bonuses for pre-sketching and pre-painting some pieces. We run up to 8 events per day at our studio in Downtown Ypsilanti, and have events almost every day, so it is possible to make a substantial side income through us. You WILL be working evenings and most weekends.
Required Skill Sets:
- The ability to paint (brownie points if you can use a left handed brush)
- A fun, dynamic personality (people just love to watch you go!)
- Reliable transportation (no duct tape allowed, some travel MAY be required)
- Punctuality is a must (we start on time, and that doesn’t work without the artist)
- Dependable work ethics (but you should still know how to have fun!)
- You MUST be 21 or over (sorry, but you can apply AFTER you graduate from art school!)
Desirable Skill Sets:
- You can turn paint into gold (you can come in early and transmute our paint stock)
- You can turn water into wine (you can stay late and help the staff relax)
- You’re a Facebook Guru and can network the socks off our patrons (we LOVE social networking)
- If you paint like a drunk monkey (sober monkeys are OK).
- If you bring your drama to work (we are allergic to drama)
- If you are chronically late or otherwise unreliable (we’re not just looking for an artist, we’re looking for family)
If this sounds like you, congratulations! You just might have what it takes to be the newest addition to Tipsy Ypsi’s Artist family!
We can’t wait to meet you, and if you ARE the right candidate, we’re sure you feel the same!
As a reminder, your application MUST include the following items:
- A properly titled subject
- 1-3 paragraphs explaining why you’d be a great fit for our family
- 2-6 sample paintings that are properly named
- Where you currently live
Failure to follow these requirements will lead us to conclude that you can’t follow instructions, and we’ll use your application for scrap paper. You’ve been warned… now show us what you’ve got!